Recently went traveling for the weekend with friends of our family.
Some of the reasons enjoy picnics is both the fresh air, sunshine, along with the delicious foods. Now the food can be healthy AND delicious too !!
One picnic food we enjoyed was this healthy version of a picnic favorite.
Crispy Chicken Nuggets
Makes 6 Servings
– 3 x 6oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1/4 cup oat bran
– 1/4 cup of wheat germ
– 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
– 1/4 cup ground almonds
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
– Garlic powder (pinch)
– 1/2 cup water or low-sodium chicken broth
– 1 large egg white
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or coating lightly with best-quality olive oil.
2. Cut chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces, about 1.5 inches square. Set aside.
3. Next, combine all dry ingredients in a large container with a tightly fitting lid. Shake well. This is your coating mixture.
4. Combine water and egg in a medium bowl. Dip each piece in the water/egg-white mixture. Then dip each piece in the coating mixture. Make sure each piece is well coated.
5. Place on the baking sheet. When all of your chicken has been coated and your baking sheet is full, place in the oven and bake for about 15
This was enjoyed after doing a workout in the park.
Please share your healthy picnic recipes !!