Proably wondering about that title huh !
How can you take it easy AND burn fat.
I’ll share how along with another Yum recipe hope you like.
- Eat 4-6 small meals day a day instead of the usual 2-3 large meals. Eating frequently will help regulate and boost your metabolism to burn more calories.
- Consume whole foods that are high in fiber and low in sugar, such as lean protein sources (lean beef, chicken, fish, and whey protein), fruits & vegetables (oranges, apples, strawberries, blueberries, broccoli, peppers, asparagus, carrots, nuts (almonds, cashews, & walnuts), and whole grains.
- Eat low-glycemic carbohydrates such as vegetables, instead of refined processed carbohydrates which usually come in a box or a bag.
- Consume 25-35 grams of fiber per day. Fiber will help satisfy hunger pangs as well as control insulin and blood sugar levels which tend to promote fat storage.
- Eat some type of lean protein at each meal. Protein helps to satisfy hunger and provide the necessary building blocks to maintain lean body mass while losing body fat.
- Consume adequate amounts of healthy fat foods such as olive oil, walnuts, almonds, Omega-3 fortified eggs or other Omega-3 products. Healthy fats are great antioxidants as well as help with brain function and many other essentials processes that take place in the body on a daily basis. Essential Fatty acids also help prevent certain diseases.
- Eat 5-10 servings of fruit and vegetables a day to meet your micronutrient needs. Vegetables also contain a good amount of fiber and help to control appetites and curb hunger.
Use your blender and food processor to make something healthy ….You deserve It !!
- Consume Green Tea or Water instead of calorie filled drinks such as soft drinks. Green Tea has many health benefits and should be drinking 1ml of non-caffeinated fluid for every calorie that you consume. This works out between (8-12) 8oz glasses of Green Tea or Water a day.
- Balance your fat intake for the day. Approximately 1/3 should come from saturated fats, 1/3 from monounsaturated fats, and 1/3 from polyunsaturated fats. Again, ensure you’re consuming Anti-Oxidant rich Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids by incorporating EFA Icon into your nutritional plan.
- Consistent fat loss requires good habits. If you want to create good habits then you need plan. Therefore, map out your meals every day and follow them. If you follow your plan everyday for 2-3 weeks you will form habits that become part of your daily routine and part of your life. Did you enjoy Dax’s Magic One hundred today ~ It will REALLY help with this area ! 😉
- Incorporate “Uber-Health foods” into your meal plan on a daily basis. Some examples are salmon, low-fat plain yogurt, tomatoes, spinach, mixed berries, whole oats, mixed nuts, olive oil, flax seeds(or flax meal), green tea, and various beans. Keep total fat intake under 30% for the day. This can easily be accomplished by avoiding “extra” fats such as butter, sour cream, mayonnaise… This doesn’t mean you have to completely eliminate these items, just use them sparingly and avoid adding them to foods whenever possible. OR…simply follow Dax’s Elimination Diet where he makes it Ultra easy to enjoy yum healthy foods.
Here’s some added ideas that will help when done DAILY ~
- Move !! Yes, you can lose weight just by changing your eating habits. But very few people succeed long-term – and it takes much longer to lose fat – when they don’t exercise. And something most people don’t realize is, just how critical ingesting the research proven Protein to Carbohydrate ratio is to optimizing the results of your workout efforts.
- Keep a Journal (it will become one of your best friends always telling it to you stratight !) and … Record what you eat and drink. You will be amazed by what you find. Keeping a food journal is critical to your success because you need it to evaluate and analyze your current eating patterns. If your fat loss efforts are stagnant the answer can usually be found in your food journal.
- Follow the 90% rule. If you can follow your plan 90% of the time you will soon see unwanted fat melt off your body. However, if you find yourself breaking these rules more than 90% of the time your chances of failing increase significantly.
- Here’s where Dax’s Magic One Hundred can save the day !! ;-D
Enjoy this latest Yum recipe I tried and let me know what you think ! 😉
Free Range Turkey in Stuffed Peppers
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, as needed
1 lb )free range) ground turkey
3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 medium red onion, diced
1 cup roasted corn kernels
2 rounded tablespoons pine nuts or toasted sunflower seeds
1 cup or so cooked brown rice
Chipotle powder, to taste [or other favorite chili spice]
1/2 teaspoon cumin, or to taste
1 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro or parsley
3 large bell peppers: 1 orange, 1 yellow, 1 green, halved and seeded
6 heaping spoonfuls of your favorite prepared salsa- spicy or mild
6 slices fresh goat cheese- omit for dairy-free
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Put a kettle of water on to boil.
Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the ground turkey till browned; drain off any liquid, if you need to.
Add a dash more olive oil; heat; add the chopped garlic, onion, corn, and pine nuts; stir and heat through.
Add a cup of cooked brown rice, stir and lightly mix. Add a dash more olive oil, if needed, to moisten. Add chipotle, cumin and paprika. Season mixture with sea salt and pepper. Stir well to combine the flavors. Remove from heat. Add in the chopped cilantro. If you need a little more rice to fill large peppers- add some in and toss.
Choose a shallow baking dish that will fit the halved peppers. Stuff the halved peppers with the brown rice mixture, pressing in firmly; use as much stuffing as you can. Place the stuffed peppers in the baking dish.
Top each pepper with a spoonful of salsa, and a slice of goat cheese, if using.
Pour about an inch of hot boiled water into the bottom of the baking pan, around the peppers, and loosely cover the pan with a foil tent. This helps to cook the peppers. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for about 30-40 minutes, until the peppers are fork tender.
These colorful stuffed peppers can be served as a side dish or a main dish.
Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
Total Servings: 6
Enjoy and remember to share your thoughts and ideas too ~ much appreciated ! 😀